Took Ethan out trick-or-treating, and I went as Robin Hood (as a girl.) With my trusty bow and quiver of arrows, even. I'm getting more wear out of my quasi-medieval black velvet overdress than I expected. Definitely a good call when I made that.

My outfit was a hunter green silk poet shirt, a hunter green skirt, a cream silk petticoat, the black velvet overdress, my bow, and quiver of arrows. (I was sooo hot. After all, it's 70 outside!)

Stringing the bow was an interesting exercise in futility. I tried jute, hemp, and catgut with no success. Fishing line (100# test) would be my next attempt. That bow is strong. I have a blister from it. (But considering I've never strung it, I guess that's a good thing! Longbows are great.)

Ethan was a pumpkin, a fitting costume. Both Bekah and Jess raided my closet for gypsy clothes and wore my work clothes as their costumes. Hmm. Do I detect a trend here?

Jess actually looked ravishing as a gypsy. Bekah managed to put together a last-minute costume that looked quite fabulous as well, using one of the skirts I've been cutting up for fabric. Whatever works!

Happy Samhain to those of you celebrating. I really liked Bryn's idea of burning bad things from the previous year, but I'm afraid I'd get arrested. I do have something I'd like to let go of, though, and I think I might end up burning one or two small items for posterity. We shall see.

Comments

Popular Posts