Okay, so it's about time for my annual "State of the Writer" report, which is usually posted on or around my b-day.

Since last October...

Books sold: 2 (NL & TNG)

Books unwritten but sold: 8 (the rest of the Jacob Lane series)

Books written: Let's see. 3? I think so. NL, TNG, BiS... Is that it? Pitiful. But I did sell two out of the three (and I think BiS will sell as well.)

Books unfinished: Full Moon, Redemption, Trapped, Writing for the Story, AlSo, S&P, SYWTBAV... there are more, I'm sure.

Books in submission: 2 (HD, AbNo, soon to be 3: BiS)

Short stories/novellas written: 3 (Blood and Summer, Binding the Hunt and Budget Cuts)

Short stories/novellas sold: 1 (Budget Cuts)

Short stories/novellas in submission: 1 (TDWDNS)

---------------------------

I should probably do a State of the Writer report that starts, perhaps, Jan 2003-Jan 2004. Obviously, I didn't get much done between October and December of last year. In fact, my productivity only started to come back into line after I got a job down here. But anyway...

I think this year was a lot better, novel-wise, than last year. (And I do tend to count productivity in novels; I can't seem to help myself in that regard. I'm a novelist at heart, after all.)

My unwritten New Year's Resolution was to have 10 books/short stories/novellas either accepted or published by the end of the year. At the moment, I have seven. So I'm pretty close to that goal.

------------------------------------

In personal goals:

Out of five, three credit cards will be paid off and done with by the end of this week. The last two are the largest, but I'm still aiming for April/May of 2004 for complete cc debt free. And there should be no reason why I can't meet that goal (barring random acts of whatever.) (The reason why I say April/May is because I'm not sure exactly which paycheck will be that I'll use to pay the last of them off.)

I've successfully organized my craft supplies to the point where I can pretty much find what I want when I go to storage. I'm doing two craft shows this year, and getting stuff done. Heck, finding a supplier of cheap cool yarn was a big help!

I met Vicki! This is a BIG GOAL completed!!! And I had a blast. I wish I could make it to WFC, but alas, I'm already taking time off for the craft show (well, flexing off for it, and having another mini-vacation, wheee.) So that won't work. This year, at least. Next year it's in Tempe, AZ, so who knows? (Although that would probably mean a plane ticket! Yikes.)

I think things are going pretty well family-wise too. Except for the car juggling these past two weeks, things have been working out okay for all of us here at the House.

I have only lost five pounds, though. Although I haven't been trying very hard since The List of 40 last March. So perhaps my goal for the next year is to work harder at that.

And I think it's officially fall now. One of my goals for today is to swap my summer clothes out with as many sweaters as I can fit in the drawer, and get prepared for the coming winter.

Thus ends this year's report.


Comments

Popular Posts