Closing was anti-climactic, considering all the drama that brought us to this point. (Wel56l, it wasn't my drama, it was the bank's, but still. (And Chloe says hi as she runs across the keyboard.)

Considering the people involved, I'm surprised more garbage didn't happen.

So we closed. I signed a lot of papers. Still not sure about the contingencies; one person says they were waived, one said they were still waiting for approval. (Again, too many cooks.) I had to do an emergency fax of the insurance paperwork to Cleveland, due to the fact that one person received the insurance paperwork but the other person did not. I arrived with a minute to spare, only to wait twenty minutes in the waiting room. (Ah well.)

And the weird part: So I'm sitting there, and the lawyer is explaining the paperwork I just signed to the seller. I got the strongest sense of deja vu.

I had never been in the office before, but I've been there before, either in a dream or in another life. It was weird.

So the good news is that while I don't have a definite occupancy date, it looks like it will be long before 60 days. (Well, at least 45 days, but that's fine.) We'll work that out as the time comes.

Hopefully nothing more will go wrong, as there are a couple of little bits that still need to fall into place. But I'm optimistic. :)

Oh, and a homeowner.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yeah! Starting to pack?
Jennifer said…
Well, since most of my stuff is already packed, that's kind of a moot point. :)

Popular Posts