Yesterday, my alarm didn't go off in the morning. Luckily for me, Chloe woke me up at 5:30am. Last night, I reset it and accidentally pressed the "Alarm mode" button twice. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning to the sound of a chirping bird. (It was dark. I had been asleep. And this bird was chirping. Chloe was quite amused. Hildy, on the other hand, was not.)

I think it's fixed now, though. :)

All cats, even tiny cats, like to hog whatever they are sleeping on. They have this ability to stretch out and take up much more space than you would have thought possible. Chloe likes to do this with my pillow. We start out okay, with her curled above my head, but slowly, over the course of the night, she moves downward and downward until I wake up at 2:30am with no pillow at all and a kitten laughing at me. Then we play snag the pillow until I win and fall back asleep, where the incident repeats itself with unflagging regularity.

It is not a fun thing to be awakened in the middle of the night by a kitten chomping on your fingers, either. Or your hair. But we will survive.

Yesterday was the first day she was left alone in my room and Jessica's room without anyone to play with All Day Long. When I got home from work, I was a bit hesitant to see how badly she had messed things up in my room. But short of knocking the new (and very tempting) fern off the windowsill and unravelling a bit of my work-in-progress (she likes to bite the ends of my knitting needles, and I should have put it away, so that was my fault) my room survived. Which is a Good Thing. Mom had her downstairs already when I got home, and she did not want to be left alone upstairs afterwards. But since Chloe is the cat-who-will-eat-anything-foodwise-that-is-sitting-anywhere-she-can-reach, and since she likes to jump up on the table, she needs to learn manners before she can be around during suppertime. (Another good thing about the new house: Doors.)

I'm still contemplating whether or not to allow kitties and a certain nephew in my office/studio when we move. (See? I'm being optimistic!) I mean, one off-limits room in the house is not a Big Deal, in my opinion. Although I do like to write with a cat in my lap.

But anyway. There's plenty of time to think about that. Hopefully.

Comments

Popular Posts