I forgot to add that I found a new 'pet' yesterday--or, rather, I'll only have her until it gets warmer and it's less likely for her to freeze to death. She's a yearling garter snake, a very nice thing to have in the yard. But February 26th is way too early for any snake to come out of hibernation, so she's living in a setup on my kitchen counter for the time being. (I might end up setting up an aquarium, just so she'll be comfortable.)

Ethan is fascinated, of course. He wants to hold her. Haha.

And just now, I discovered that a squirrel or bird has fallen into one of the downspouts that stretches down the length of my house. It's all in one piece, so I can do little for it. Bad thing: The downspout goes directly into my cistern. Not that I was planning to drink the water, but still. *sigh*

Looking out my office window, I see blue jays, my little patch of 'woods', a squirrel or two, some cardinals, some grackles, and a bunch of other wildlife. Not bad for sitting in the middle of town, no?

This morning I woke up with a sore wrist (not sure why), a scratchy throat (ugh), and a stuffed up nose. I do not want to get sick! (Although nearly everyone in the office is sick at the moment. Urgh.)

Comments

Popular Posts