I now am the proud owner of a dining room rug.

Last night, Dad had to take Ethan down by himself, since Mom had stuff going on at church. I decided to be nice and go with him. As always, we stopped at Goodwill.

In truth, I didn't find anything but a small copper colander, which will be useful in the kitchen. However, there was an Oriental-style rug, quite well-made, all rolled up over in the furniture section. The tag said 'As is', but the only thing we could find wrong with it was a little bleeding where it had once gotten wet.

They wanted $75 for it, which was a good price, according to Dad, but out of my reach at the moment. (I'm pretty much broke for the next month, but that's okay.)

However, today was 50% off everything. Dad told me he would pay for the rug if I decided to go back for it, and this morning I got up early and drove all the way to Goodwill without even knowing if it was still there.

I've never gone to Goodwill first thing in the morning when it's a 50% off day. I've gone there in the afternoon or the evening, and it's been crowded, but I was surprised so many people wanted to wait in line for Goodwill to open.

I arrived at 9:25 and was the 50th person in line. The store opened at 9:30, everyone swarmed inside, and I made a beeline to the back where the rug still sat, and claimed my prize. For $37.50 plus tax, I now am the proud owner of an approximately 9' x 12' (I haven't measured it in full yet) 100% virgin wool rug made by Louis De Poortere. Lord almighty, I obviously got a good deal! (Note: This is a similar rug, not the same one, which is evidently not in production anymore. But still!)

Comments

Popular Posts