I went to Storage this afternoon to fill up my car, and I'm glad I went. Back when we were reorganizing Storage, Dad let me use a set of deep wooden shelves that were put together by really long screws. We kind of just threw it together and put a bunch of stuff on the shelves, using the plastic containers full of fabric (on both sides) to hold the shelves up.

Well, the plastic containers are now gone. The shelves have no real support, other than the screws (they really just need to be tightened, in truth.) Today, I touched the shelves in preparation to take a box down and they lurched sideways and almost collapsed.

I spent the next fifteen minutes loading up my car with the stuff that was previously on the shelves. Whew! Now they can collapse at their leisure and not break a thing.

It seems I should have gotten more done today, but I didn't. I woke up late (late night last night) and made Chocolate Banana cookies, which are yummy. I washed the dishes. I went to Storage. I cleaned off the oak chair that is now Ethan's chair in the kitchen, even though I am contemplating bringing it upstairs for my other desk. (Or I might just wait until Burlington and look for a really cool old desk chair. We'll see.)

Now I'm rather tired, but I'm going to write for a bit before supper, I think.

Comments

Popular Posts