Pet update:

Yesterday was Mabel's one month anniversary of living with me. It was also the first day she spent by herself, with no potty breaks and she did great. How appropriate!

She's really starting to listen, too. Before we go out the back door to go potty, I tell her to "Wait for me" and she backs up so I can go out first. She has "sit" down pat. We're still working on "off" and "down" and "stay" and "no barking at kitties." But I see progress.

After I bought her brush, I tried to brush her and she kept trying to eat the brush. Yesterday, she had no problem with me brushing her. That's a good thing.

She's only pooped in the house twice. At night, when I'm putting her to bed, I ask "Do you want a drink before we go to bed?" and she walks to the water bowl and drinks. It's kind of cute, actually. I'm so proud of her.

Friday is Mischa's one month anniversary. He's progressed too, in some ways. He'll come to me to be petted now, and he jumped on my lap the other day (a first.) He's still a scaredy cat, although he was quite near Mabel last night without any obvious problems. His cold has cleared up, and so have his eyes.

He's still peeing on the floor. I think a large part of the problem are the other cats chasing him out of the litterbox, but there are plenty of litterboxes in the house, darn it all. I have newspaper in his favorite peeing spots, which does help, but I still have to Lysol the floor every day. (It's definitely clean in that spot, though. ;)

Problem #2 is the hairballs, poor kid. Hopefully the new food will take care of that. Otherwise, I will have to get a cat brush and brush him even though he's shorthaired.

He's a sweet cat, though, and growing bolder. So I'm hoping he'll come around.

Chloe is not in heat anymore. She's returned to her normal kittenish ways. I will make her an appointment at the vet's in the next week or so, weather permitting. She is a sweetheart, although annoying when I am trying to work on the computer and she wants to jump up and lay on the keyboard.

Pooh is doing just fine. No accidents at all. He seems uninterested in going outside, which is great. He plays with Chloe's jingle balls, which is funny, and he's not afraid of Mabel at all, which is good. He has his spot where he lays on my bed every night, and most of the time is there through the night unless Chloe gets him up for a 2am run up and down the stairs.

Zoey is also just fine. She's actually getting along with everyone.

And after I moved Hildy's cage in front of a radiator, she liked the new house a lot better. :)

Comments

Popular Posts