(This is Mabel right now. Snoring. That is her quilt. I fold it every night, and she makes it into a nest every evening. Sometimes she spreads it out across the whole floor. You can see part of the blue bear I made behind her, too.)

Mabel and I went downstairs to eat supper a little while ago. While I was in the process of fixing my salad, I noticed--out of the corner of my eye--Cleo jumping around in the dark entry room. I walked into the room to find that she had stolen my kitten head from my desk upstairs (I know better; I should have put it away) and was having a ball tossing it up in the air and jumping after it.

Luckily, she did no damage, so I can say this kitten's parts (or, at least its head) has been cat-tested. :)

Cleo loves yarn. Especially yarn that is knitted or crocheted. She steals works-in-progress if I don't hide them or put them up, and has a couple of failures as favorite toys. I just now made her an oval ball out of hand-dyed wool yarn. Maybe that will get her to leave my kitten alone. (I won't hold my breath, though.)

I made them all Loopy Balls, of course, and they do still play with them. Surprisingly enough, the cats don't destroy their toys, not even the knitted ones. But when Mabel gets one of them, it's goodbye toy, at least unless I find it before it's dead.

(Mabel dearly loves to destroy stuffed things. Because of this, I have resorted to sewing up the sleeves of shirts and remnant sweaters and stuffing them with leftover bits and pieces of fabric that are too small for me to use. She loves these. They don't cost me any money, and she can destroy them as much as she wants. She is still working on the sleeve of an old wool sweater that I made her a month ago. And the bear I made is still in existence, too, but it looks a little weird now.)

But I will say it's very funny to see Pooh (he probably weighs 15 lbs now) carrying around a jingle ball in his mouth.

In other news, we made cookies this afternoon. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Guess Again cookies that have a secret ingredient. Actually, they only have a handful of ingredients: butter, sugar, flour, vanilla, chopped pecans, and the secret ingredient*. I wasn't quite sure how they would turn out, but they are quite yummy. I will make these again. And the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies are good as well.

(Highlight below for the secret ingredient.)

*Potato chips.

Comments

Popular Posts