I have a helper today. She was sleeping on the back of my chair (supported by the cushion and my back) but then she decided to supervise my writing efforts for the morning.

Her ears look so much better now, and obviously she's willing to let bygones be bygones and not hate me forever. :)

Current wordcount: 28,215.

As I was writing, Chloe came to visit too, and she decided to start playing with her current Interesting Toy, the treadle part of my treadle sewing machine. She makes the wheel go around and since it squeaks a little, I can always tell when she's in the office playing.

She is very silly.

Last night, someone stole one of my miniature African Violets. I hope they are not considered poisonous to cats, because while the pot is still there, the plant is gone. No one is acting weird, though. And it might yet turn up. (They don't usually eat them, so I'm assuming there was a bug or something on the windowsill that someone desperately needed to eat.)

(A quick Google search turns up the fact that African Violets are not considered poisonous. Good. I didn't think so. I do remember reading somethign about that a while back.)

And this cold/sinus thing--oh, it's so irritating. My ears are all stopped up. The pressure was even painful enough to keep me awake from about 2am onward, but I must have dozed off for a little while there (sitting up, even) because I had a dream that Bekah came into my room and I had to explain to her that I couldn't hear.

In fact, I can hear, but it feels like I shouldn't be able to, if that makes sense. My ears desperately need to pop. Perhaps when I take a shower later, the steam will help. Ugh! So not fun.

If nothing has improved by tomorrow and I don't get a good night's sleep, I'm calling in sick. I haven't done that for quite a few months now, and I really want to get rid of this stupid cold/sinus whatever so I can get back to normal.

Luckily, my arm seems to be 95% healed (it twinges every once in a while, but only if I twist it wrong or something) so at least I don't have to deal with being both temporarily deaf and crippled. Thank goodness!

Comments

Popular Posts