Strange thing:

My driveway isn't hidden. It is long, but not terribly long. But on more than one occasion, I've seen people walk right past it, completely oblivious to the fact that there's really a driveway there. It's almost like they think my house is located on a different street.

This happens at Halloween, too. People walk right by. They don't even notice that my light is on. It's so weird.

Now, the Jehovah's Witnesses will come to my house, and so will the Latter Day Saints. They don't seem to have a problem seeing my driveway.

This evening, when I was just about finished picking through the garden, I noticed two guys walking along the road with clipboards and badges. They went to my across-the-street neighbor's house. They went to their next-door-neighbor's house. Then they went to my next-door-neighbor's house.

I was standing in the garden picking dried beans. And yet, they did not approach me with their clipboards and badges; not once. So I walked out in front of the garden and picked the tiny cherry tomatoes. They walked on, got into a minivan, and drove away.

I mean, it was probably political, so I probably didn't want to talk to them anyway. But still! What is the problem with people and long driveways? And I was standing right there! Out front! In full view!

I'm beginning to think that my house is invisible. Evidently, I'm invisible too.

Comments

Popular Posts