The garden is tilled, and the order from Miller Nurseries is planted. (Not sure I mentioned that before--I bought two red currants, three black raspberries, three red raspberries, and two yellow knockout roses. The roses are out front, the raspberries are at the house end of the flowerbed, and the currants are in the back, near the black currant, which is now about four feet tall. (And yes, still smells like resinous cat pee.)

The tiller was recalcitrant again, however. Maybe it needs a new... filter? Fuse? I dunno. I don't do motors. I will have to ask Dad. (HEY, DAD! What do you think?!) It will start, but not stay running. And then when I get it running, it will run until it clogs and then we start all over again. Annoying!!

Anyway, the only actual casualty of the evening was me, because I stupidly sat on a straw bale under the honey locusts (!!! STUPID!!) and thought to myself, "Ow, that's sharp straw", which, by the time I realized what had happened, a thorn had driven itself into my, well, bottom and the resulting wound bled all over the place, including my pants. *sigh*

I was going to try to plant more potatoes, but I ran out of daylight (literally; I planted the currants in the dark.) And I'm going to call the dog pound in a bit here; there are two very fluffy white/tan dogs running loose in the neighborhood and I'm getting sick and tired of not being able to let Mabel out to sunbathe without ending up with a stray dog in my backyard.

So. Update. I am eating supper right now, and drinking a cup of tea. And I'm not really tired; just a little sore from trying to start the damn tiller. Argh!

Comments

Popular Posts