My goal for this week is to spend at least 30 minutes a day out in the flowerbed and big garden--the front yard, basically, chopping weeds, pulling weeds, and basically, making things a bit more presentable.

This also counts as exercise, since I am pulling, twisting, digging, cutting, etc.

And my seedling cherry tree is going to bloom! Yay! It's quite a pretty young tree at the moment. Growing quite straight and true.

My candy mint has spread quite a bit too, which is a good thing, because it can fight with the apple mint and maybe I'll end up with more of it. As for the apple mint--haha. Like it would ever die.

I did place a small berry order. 3 red raspberries, 3 black raspberries, 2 red currants (bringing my total up to six--I have one black and three white already), and I also bought two knock out roses for out front. They are rather reasonably priced through the mail, and they're yellow, which will look nice*.

I'm planning to plant the raspberries on the corner of the flowerbed, towards the house, and the currants can go across the front. The roses will go in the space between the ornamental grass. Hopefully everything will grow!


Edited to add: And they will match the sunflowers. I just realized that. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts