Oh, my.

I bought a bat's head piece for Agatha (who is technically Great Wheel #1) and it came yesterday. I hooked it up this morning. I just spun for 45 minutes straight while it was storming. Fast and fabulous! Oh I am addicted now. :)

I love spindle wheels. Don't get me wrong; I love my saxony wheel too (Phoebe), but spindle wheels are so... spinny!

Today while writing, I filled my my support spindle just about to the brink. I know there's at least 2 ounces on it. I took a picture. I don't think all three ounces of this colorway will fit, though, because it's getting quite fat. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

(Right now, on my desk, I have my three support spindles with their bowls. I really need to find a new bowl for my homemade support spindle and move it over here too. I'm using the floor inkle loom as a distaff for the various fibers I'm working with, along with the top of the lamp I use here. It works!

Comments

Popular Posts