I can't believe I haven't updated all week long (again!)

It's rained off and on, though; I did spend some time outside this evening weeding in the flowerbed and the front of the garden. I came back inside when I realized I had a blister. Ugh.

I'll work more out there tomorrow if it's not raining, and Saturday, though.

My blackberries are just about ready to bloom!

In writing news, I'm actually considering completing the third part of the Lyenel/Jeril story next. It's faintly whispering at the moment.

And in spinning news, I'm going to be posting one of my Great Wheels on ebay, and also the Turkish Charkha Flyer Wheel (unless it sells on Ravelry.) We'll see if they sell. I don't need three Great Wheels; I love to spin on Agatha, so Agnes will be sold.

Although, I am kind of contemplating bringing Alfred to Burlington to see if I could sell him there, and keeping Agnes and Agatha. Hrm. The reason for that would be that I've had no luck at all finding a proper piece for Alfred's spindle, and while I have him up and running, he was the cheapest wheel. If I could sell him for $150-$175, I'd be happy. (I paid $30, so I'd even go lower, but not by much.)

So, we'll see.

I'm also going to join the Tour De Fleece on Ravelry, but that's not until July.

In decluttering news, I got an idea on the way to work this morning, and I will be rearranging the entry room and kitchen a bit to try out that idea. It involves making myself a little breakfast nook/place to eat supper and leaving my baking table as an unsupported 'island'. And moving the big table (which I really don't need) into the entry room. Displacing both bikes, of course, but I have a couple ideas there too.

See, here's my thought: I rarely have anyone over for supper or lunch or whatever. I have a nice smaller dropleaf cherry table in the kitchen that I originally bought to use as a replacement kitchen table for the one I have (which is a huge gateleg table; it's cherry too, but it's huge.) And I don't need a huge kitchen table. It just gets cluttered.

The smaller dropleaf table even came with two leaves, so it's not like I couldn't expand it. And, if I move the gateleg table into the entry room beside the typewriter desk, I'll have two things: a dedicated place to pack stuff up for ebay, a place to sort things, and, if needed, a place for company to eat if we won't all fit around the smaller dropleaf table.

I desperately need a place to sort things. I don't desperately need a table that six people could fit around in my kitchen, because if I did have company, we'd probably eat in the dining room/music room anyway. And if I did have company, it's not like the gateleg table couldn't be used to eat on anyway. It just makes more sense.

I am also going to sell some of my cast iron that I don't use. Like the stockpot. And one of the dutch ovens. It's silly to keep these for display when I could be using that shelf space for items I actually use. I'll be going through everything in the kitchen and laundry room. And I'm planning to box up stuff for a yard sale in July, post more on ebay, and take some of it to Burlington, because I am sick and tired of clutter.

Comments

Popular Posts