I don't think I'll get outside at all (to work, I mean) this weekend; I'm still cleaning. Not done with anything yet. And I have way too much stuff. Seriously way too much stuff. I literally cleaned off my desks and they are still full. *sigh* However, they are more organized now, which helps.

I plied 84 yards of mostly teeny yarn together and ended up with this, which I am inordinately proud of:



And because I plied it on a support spindle (one of my own; my green button one that I love, it did not hurt at all. My arms are fine, and so are my wrists. (I am contemplating selling more of my drop spindles, because seriously? I can spin both thick and thin yarns on my support spindles, and I can ply on my upright Ashford Charkha, and...

This particular bunch of yarn is destined to be a miniature bear or two. It's a silk/wool blend plied with a merino/bamboo blend. Lovely stuff.

The story that is no longer How Lyenel met Jeril but still doesn't have a real name is up to 14,174 words, mostly because I've been writing and not doing other stuff, like cleaning. Ack. Need to step away from the computer, because I don't need to have another story take over my brain! (And it's not like I am desperate for stories, either! This one can take a bit of time, honest!)

Comments

Popular Posts