The humidity finally broke, so I went out to the garden this evening (around 7:30pm) and spend the next hour and forty-five minutes tying up tomatoes, righting the two tomato stakes that fell down, mulching, and informing the many garter snakes who are living in my straw pile that they really need to find a new home, because I'm probably going to use up all the straw.

They were not amused.

Everything looks great, even the sweet potatoes, which are sending out new shoots. The beans are growing like crazy, and the scarlet runner beans are blooming! Fantastic!

I think I have about the same amount of time left to mulch the rest, so not that bad. I will definitely get it done by the weekend. I also have to go to Mom and Dad's to cut more tomato stakes, so I'll be doing that too. I have a couple of peppers left to plant and some basil and maybe potatoes, but that's it.

Speaking of potatoes, tonight I feasted on new potatoes, beet leaves, swiss chard, peas, and kale with a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top. Mmmmmm. Good.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
New potatos.... Mmmmmm....

It is so nice to know someone else who isn't afraid of garter snakes.

Popular Posts