Sold the mutant wheel. Turned around and bought another Great Wheel. Sunk? Yeah. A bit.

Burlington was today, of course, and just like last year, it was hot. But I still think it was hotter last year. However, by 7:30am, I had sold the mutant wheel for the price I wanted (quadrupled my money on that one; not too shabby!) and discovered two more spinning wheels at Burlington, one of which I am still not sure if it was workable or not. The other was the Great Wheel, which I ended up buying. Mostly because it's a relatively small wheel--42 inches--which will fit in my car. And also because it was complete, and had the piece I need to find for Alfred. Now, I have a pattern if I want to make my own.

There are pictures here on Flickr.

Other than that, I spent $30. $10 of that was on the 12/$10 table, even though I said I wasn't going to look through it today. But I ended up with two black walnut bowls, a small oblong wooden bowl, a black walnut spoon, a green Haeger planter, and some linens to round it out. The spoon will make a great tea scoop, the two small bowls will be great for support spindling, the larger one can hold yarn, I'm sure, the planter I have a couple of ideas for, and the linens were a bit scarce, but I managed.

I found a small wooden bowl (like a dough bowl, only round) for $8 (they are usually far too expensive for me), a salt glaze teapot (old) for $1, another small fluted dish for $1 (for support spindling, of course), and a Bybee mixing bowl in one of 'my' colors for $10, which is more than half off retail, so I'm good with that.

And by then, it was too hot to care about anything else, so I spun. And the spinners popped out of the woodwork. And strangely enough, they were all men. And I did demonstrations for them, and had some very interesting conversations. It was... a bit surreal, but also fun.

Anyway, the new girl is set up in the living room, I'm really exhausted, and I think I'll be posting auctions tomorrow instead of tonight, because I can hardly keep my eyes open. And I probably should take a shower to wash off all the sweaty ick from today before I head off to bed (early.)

Comments

Popular Posts