Just got back from watching Reign of Fire. Well... the ending seemed a bit anti-climatic, but otherwise, I thought it was a good movie. Chris was right, though; it needed more dragons.

Speaking of...

Just to let you all know, in case you were wondering. He's been really good all week long. We've talked quite a bit all week long. I think we're both attempting to keep the lines of communication open here; and while I'm not quite certain how I feel about him still, or even if we truly have a future together, I have agreed to give the counseling and Chris six months. If, in January, I feel the same as I do now and things have not improved, Chris has promised to help me move out and not hate me.

This will accomplish a couple of things here...

1. I can really get rid of all the stuff in the basement and have it gone and have some money in the bank by January
2. I will be able to have the money for a down payment on my truck without killing myself trying to do so.
3. We'll have a chance to discover if things will really work out.
4. We'll have a chance to create some boundaries in our relationship that have never been in place before
5. It will keep the lines of communication open.
6. I really, really, really didn't want to have to move all that stuff in the basement...
7. Did I mention the stuff in the basement and how I really really didn't want to have to move it?
8. That stuff in the basement... oh, yeah. Already mentioned that, didn't I?

I would much rather divorce as friends than as enemies. Chris was right--there's bad feelings on both sides right now, and if we can work through those feelings and that doesn't change how I feel about him or our future together, at least there won't be bad feelings still in place to poison both of us.

So. With that in place, here's what's going to happen. Starting tomorrow, I will post auctions, lots and lots of auctions, to get rid of the stuff as fast as possible so I can concentrate on other things. I'm tired of having it hanging over my head every time I try to do something. I'm also tired of having our financial situation hanging over our head, so I'm going to go through, pare down, and sell everything I can.

This will be the ultimate ebay orgy. Starting tomorrow. Links to come, so stay tuned.

More tomorrow. I still have yet to write. :)

Comments

Popular Posts