I have a confession to make. I turned the downstairs air conditioner on for an hour this evening. :)

That was enough to take the edge off the heat, and make it quite comfortable in the living room and green room (the air conditioner is in the green room.) It started to make the entry room comfortable, and knocked the temperature in the kitchen down to 83, but I didn't want to keep it on for long.

I did it mostly for Mabel, who had been panting quite a bit this evening. It didn't really help (I'm transitioning her to the rest of the house and she continually pants when she's in the other rooms for some reason anyway) but she got a bit of relief along with everyone else.

I left her crate door open tonight. So we'll see how she does. I'd like for her to have access to water if she needs it, and be able to sleep outside her crate if she wants to. (And not go potty in the house, of course.)

Right now, it's probably around 78 upstairs. Not quite cool enough yet to sleep comfortably, so I'll be up for a little while yet.

Comments

Popular Posts