Well, since I didn't get my list done yesterday, I'm going to continue working on it today. Especially since it's supposed to be 88 today. Yikes.

The house did get hot yesterday. The thermostat said 80 and the kitchen thermostat said 81 by 9pm. However, it was really only 80 for about 2 hours. The rest of the day it was in the mid to upper 70s in the house and quite comfortable. I had to stop working around 7:30 to sit and write and cool off a bit, but that was okay, really.

I set up the new box fan I bought in the hall window and opened all my windows last night. The breeze was quite nice after I got used to the hum of the fan.

I am trying to forgoe using air conditioning until we really really have to. I really don't like air conditioning. I'd rather have my windows open (at night, especially) all year long.

So at 2:20 this morning I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. On my way back upstairs, I saw a guy walking past my house (on the sidewalk.) At 2:20 in the morning. I couldn't imagine what he was doing out so late/early, expect to be up to no good.

He vanished beyond my neighbors' bushes, and I went to bed and dreamed that three different people broke into my house. (Three dreams of three different people.) They were very surreal dreams. One of them involved a lady who ended up apologizing to me for breaking in, because all she had to do was go to the bathroom.

Oh, and I also dreamed that my cell phone could transform into a gun. What a handy piece of equipment!

So anyway, I'm going to hunker down today and get the hot stuff done early (the dishes) and continue the laundry. I did get all the old clean clothes put away yesterday, but I have new ones now, so I haven't crossed that off my list yet.

(88 is too hot for early June!)

Comments

Popular Posts