Sometime this evening (probably while Mabel and I were outside playing--er, weeding) Chloe dearest ripped a quarter-sized hole in the big window screen in the Green Room. I'd opened that window to get some of the heat out of the house, and Miss Chloe was sitting on top of the air conditioner. No doubt she went after a bird or a bug, and goodbye window screen.

ARGH!

There are two replacement windows in my house and both have cheap-o flimsy-ass fiberglass window screens. She has poked holes in both of them. Now I'm going to have to patch this one, or something, because it's big enough for bugs to get through.

Snarl.

In other news, I weeded some more of the flowerbeds tonight, and dug up some more sod after the storm. (I didn't lose any tree limbs, by the way, but Dad lost a big one and my backyard neighbor also lost a big one.) I am contemplating using some of the huge stones in the back stone pile for stepping stones among the eventual flowers. That would make it easier to weed next year, after all, and look nice as well. However, I can't lift these huge stones by myself, so I will have to wait until I have a family around again. (Back tomorrow! I will be so glad to get my car back. Jessica's car is too small. I can't fit anything in it!)

And I'm almost done with Chapter 3. I might even finish it tonight if all goes well.

Comments

Popular Posts