So much for 88. They changed it to 90, and I know it got to 91. Yikes!

It's 85 in the kitchen at the moment, but I have the fan from the basement going and it's actually quite nice. And there's a nice cross-breeze when the wind blows, because I have the front door transom window open as well as the other big picture window open from the top.

Mabel has been snacking on ice cubes all afternoon and the cats are lounging around soaking up the rays. (You'd think they'd be hot, but they're not acting like it.)

And I'm reading bread making books in between cleaning and stuff like that, and trying to resist the urge to make cornbread molasses muffins. (I would have to use the stove, and it would heat up the kitchen even more.)

I definitely have to do something about the windows in my office, though. It's really hot in here!

(I've updated my list of things to do (below) and also cross your fingers, because someone is freecycling a large travel dog crate, and Mabel would love to have it! It's on my list of things to get eventually, but now (and for free) is close enough. So we'll see if the freecycler picks me or not. (Obviously if she gives it to someone needier or a rescue, that's ok.)

Comments

Popular Posts