I'm responsible for bringing in something for a coworker's b-day tomorrow, so I got out my copy of The Cake Mix Doctor. Here's my variation of the "Darned Good Chocolate Cake":

1 box dark chocolate cake mix (with Hershey's syrup)
1 box chocolate fudge instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. milk
1 cup sour cream

(I think that's it; I'll edit if I missed something, since I'm upstairs and the book is downstairs.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray vegetable oil onto a large bundt pan (the recipe called for a 12-cup bundt pan) then coat with flour. Mix all ingredients together, blending well. Mixture will be very thick. Scoop mixture into bundt pan, put in oven for 45-50 minutes, or until cake pulls away from the sides of the pan and/or the toothpick test comes out clean.

I also used a bit of the batter to make two donuts in my donut molds, so I'm thinking darker-than-devil's food donuts. Yum!

(I left out the chocolate chips. They seemed a bit redundant. However, if I'd had any caramel squares in the house, I might have added a couple in key places just to make things interesting.)

And I don't think I'll bother with icing; I don't want to kill anyone.

Now, I'm contemplating whether or not to make vegetarian chili for supper, and/or carrot cake for the b-day girl, since she said she also loves carrot cake. I don't want to overdo it, right? Right? But it's sooooooooooooo not hot outside, and I haven't baked in months!! (Nothing pertinent, at least.)

Comments

Popular Posts