Odeur de chien. (Not sure if I spelled that right, it's been a while since I've written in French.)

Mabel's breath stinks. I think minty-fresh doggie biscuits are on the menu for making this weekend, definitely. After all, it will be nice again, and I can bake!

Did I mention that I'm going to make homemade bagels, too? Not necessarily this weekend, but soon. Cinnamon swirl, I think. And poppyseed, since I can't find ready-made poppyseed in the bags of bagels we like to buy at Kroger.

I'm wondering if I can get Mabel in the bathtub by sitting in the bathtub myself. I don't care if my clothes get wet, and she always comes when I sit or crouch down. She needs a bath big time.

See, if I had a hose that had hot and cold water, it wouldn't be an issue. I mean, I guess I could rig one up to go out the bathroom window, but that would be a bit excessive. Hmm. I think I might try the sitting-in-the-bathtub idea. (This weekend.)

I am listening to the tractor pull at the Brown County Fair. It's 9:23pm, and I'm hoping it doesn't go on for much longer. We're about two blocks away from the fair, and boy is it loud. Dad said it sounded like a chainsaw in my front yard. And guess what? There are tractor pulls every night this week. Boy, am I glad I'm not working 10 hour days!

Oh, and I found pee spot #5 this evening, right under Mabel's pillow. So I had to put it in the wash. Mischa isn't happy at all--he's meowing every time someone passes the door. I did find a strange wet spot on top of Hildy's box, but I really don't think it was cat pee, because it's not that big. Hildy could have just as easily climbed up there and peed, although she does usually go in the litterbox.

I didn't see or smell any cat pee in the bathroom today. It doesn't look like he went to the bathroom in the litterboxes, either, but that's also pretty normal for him for the first day or so of isolation. If I don't notice anything tomorrow, I'll give him some canned cat food and see if that helps. I mean, I did clean out both litterboxes!

Comments

Popular Posts