Well, I intended to work in the entry room today, but that didn't even get touched. Instead, I mowed my part of the grass (it was getting quite high), went down the road with Dad to get a new mattress and box springs for my bed (my other mattress was about 20 years old and had holes in it from the box springs), and stopped at a couple of yard sales (I didn't buy much at all--two small cobalt blue bottles for $1 each and some of the best peanut butter cookies in the world.)

One cool find was a pasta machine at Goodwill for $2.50.

I clipped Mabel's nails, took Mabel on a long walk, and brought my bike here as well. Oh, that reminds me--I have to go put it away!

That didn't take too long, even in the dark.

Let's see. Updates:

The poison ivy wasn't really poison ivy. I think it was an allergic reaction to either tomato, gourd, or cucumber leaves brushing up against my shoulder while I was tying up the tomatoes last week. That's the only explanation I could come up with that made any sense. It's getting better now, thanks to some aloe face cream that dried it up quite nicely.

It looks like we'll be welcoming cat #6 into the house as soon as Mom and Dad get him/her fixed. (The prior owner says Leo is a male, but Mom thinks Leo is a female, because she/he has more than two colors on his/her coat. (She/He is a white cat with tabby striped spots in black and gray, and he/she also has a bit of orange on his/her butt, too.) Very pretty kitten (about 6-8 months old, I think) and extremely friendly. Leo also has very big feet, and a gray nose outlined in black.

I would be more against this if Mom and Dad hadn't said they would pay to get him/her fixed. After surgery, the only real cost is food, and one more mouth to feed isn't all that bad. (Leo is Ethan's kitty, by the way.)

Um. Anything else? I've been writing in fits and starts, and hopefully will get much more of this specific scene done tonight, since I know what comes next. I also have a lot of email to answer, and I've been lax in that. This weekend, I promise!

And I will be posting some auctions this weekend as well--hopefully lots of some of the books I have on the front porch and don't want anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts