I picked my first cucumber today! It was a little small, but it tasted quite good. And I should have a yellow squash by the end of the weekend, and more cucumbers, too! The cucumbers are loaded. :)

Along the edge of the left side of the garden (if you are facing the road), I planted okra, burgundy amaranth, beets, carrots, edible chrysanthemums, nasturtiums and annual poppies. I forgot about the amaranth; I've been wondering what the lovely burgundy plant was, and now I know. (I checked my seed packets, which I save.) The funny thing is that the nasturtiums leaves are huge, and variegated. I didn't think they were supposed to be variegated. Oh well. They'll look nice in a salad.

In two weeks, I'd guess, I will have beans to pick. The pole beans are going nuts. This is good; I'll have new potatoes, too, so maybe we can make a big batch of ham and beans for supper one night.

Otherwise, everything is growing like crazy. And my not-pumpkin is now as big as a volleyball.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay first vegetables!

So what does this mystery squash look like?
Jennifer said…
It was very tasty! I'm going to go out there in a bit and see if there are any more for today. :)

I'm going to post a picture of it. It's a squash/gourd, I guess, since I'm really not sure. I guess I will have to find out once it's ripe.

Popular Posts