A late night last night; I didn't get home from the bridal shower until 10:40pm. It was a nice shower, though. Mom stopped by later in the afternoon to take Mabel out, so all was well when I got home. (Although Mabel was hungry, of course.) The wedding is three weeks away!

And since it was over 90 degrees yesterday, it was 81 still in the house and not much cooler outside. I turned on the fan anyway. This morning, both fans are running (it was supposed to rain overnight, which it did, although it wasn't as stormy here as they said it might be) because it's nice and cool outside. If I can get some of this heat out of the house, then maybe we'll be okay for today. We'll see. (Although, I did turn on the air conditioner in the loom room last night to make sure it worked, just in case.)

There's an auction in Bethel today, right up the road from Mom and Dad's house, but I haven't decided if I want to go yet or not. I have to pack up stuff for Burlington, after all, and it's going to be really hot today and tomorrow. I don't want to overdo it. (And there wasn't much there that looked interesting enough to court heatstroke for, either.) However, since I have to deliver my stuff for Burlington today so we can pack it up, I might stop by. We'll see.

Since I got off work at 5pm and the shower didn't start until 6:30pm, I stopped at Goodwill last night while waiting for Mom and Em and Elsa to arrive in Beechmont. And of course I found more sundresses. At least the clothing was 50% off. (A few weeks ago, I actually bought a short (for me) sundress. But I couldn't resist the pretty vintage-style fabric. And I wore it last night, and it wasn't so bad. It falls just below the knee.)

I also found a really nice Revereware copper & brass skillet--I bought that to sell, although I'm having trouble finding another one on ebay--a circulon 2qt steamer/saucepan combination, some more of my dishes*, including additional bread & butter plates (I always buy my dishes when I see them at Goodwill, which is rarely. And I only had two bread & butter plates, which make great dessert plates), a really nice little handmade vessel that I need to take a picture of and post here because Grey will like it, and a handmade wooden box whose wood I can't identify. (For some reason chestnut is sticking in my mind, but I really have no clue. It's not cherry, walnut, or oak. Maybe hickory? I will ask Dad.)

If I had needed a new set of dishes (or most of a set, at least), I would have bought the pretty Noritake stoneware dishes that were there. (Now, of course, I can't find them on ebay.) They were a really pretty medium blue color with a tan band of unglazed clay across the top. But they only had dinner plates, saucers, and cups. (They resembled the Blue Adobe pattern without the decorations.) And I didn't need a new set of dishes.

So anyway, my Secret Project also arrived yesterday, and I was too tired to do much but check to make sure it got here in one piece. I will be working on it a bit today, though. Hopefully.



*My dishes aren't really that collectible. Some of the more unusual pieces are, but the basic ones aren't. I have mostly basic ones.

Comments

Grey said…
Eeee! I love that little vessel!
Jennifer said…
I figured you would. The cool thing about it, other than the shape, are the slip decorations.

Popular Posts