Today after work I thought I'd go to Goodwill to see if I could find a pair of silver shoes to wear to my sister's wedding. I'm glad I went, because I did find a pair (and I also found a pair of brand-new Birkenstocks for $4, too) so that's good. We'll see if I can actually bear to walk in them for an extended period of time. I may have to wear them here and there to get used to them, because I absolutely never wear heels. (I had every intention of finding a pair of flats, but I don't think the bridesmaid dresses would look good with flats. (The color of our dresses is Sky Blue. I think they're cute. Haven't seen one in person yet, though.)

There were actually quite a few silver pairs of shoes at Goodwill, and I tried on all of the ones in my size. Now, I usually wear Earth Shoes or Simple Shoes or Birks; imagine my surprise when every single pair of shoes ended up way too tight for my wide feet. And when I say way too tight, I mean it--I couldn't even get my foot down in some of them. The pair I ended up with originally came from Target--they're not available anymore, I guess, but here's a picture of a black pair. Mine are pewter/silver. Hopefully they will work out.

While at Goodwill, of course I had to check out the stuff, and I ended up with three skirts (one jeans skirt, one dark brown cotton skirt, and one Eddie Bauer linen skirt (I really love these. I have three different ones and wear them all the time), a small handmade batter bowl, a mug, one of those handblown plant waterers (in cobalt blue, even), and a pasta making set which included a pasta machine (I didn't need that, but it came with the rest of it), a drying rack (I needed that), a rolling pin, pasta cutters, and a recipe book with directions. So I guess I have no excuse now! I also found another refrigerator jar for tea or water; I seem to be collecting those lately. I also found a set of Pyrex bowls to take to Burlington--the Crazy Daisy pattern.

It rained today, so no garden work this evening. But I did walk out in my garden, and made sure the starlings had not eaten any more tomatoes (so far so good) and I also noticed that I have beets! Yay, beets!

Comments

Popular Posts