And what did I do today?

--Laundry (three loads! The last one's in the dryer.)
--Baked Bread
--Made pizza!
--Cleaned off most of my kitchen table and most of my baking table (that took up most of the day)
--Spun some turquoise wool. Yum.
--Went through two boxes in the entry room
--Washed dishes
--Started crocheting a hat
--Yelled at the neighbor's dogs (twice)
--Posted auctions on ebay, and the big china cabinet* on craigslist (we'll see if that sells; I have my doubts.)
--Had quite a nice day, otherwise.

Now, it's almost time to go to bed. And it's finally raining!



*Okay, for years now I have bemoaned the fact that I have a formal dining room. I have no earthly need of a formal dining room. I want a library, dammit. So here is my plan: If I can sell or otherwise get rid of the china cabinet, then I will take the leaf out of the table and use it as a library table. I will also create a wall of bookcases and move all my books (nonfiction, probably) into that room. I will have a comfy chair to sit in and read. Or maybe even a loveseat in front of the fireplace (!!) like I've always envisioned. It can be the library/music room.

If I can't sell the china cabinet, then I can always donate it to the rummage sale at church. After all, it was given to me, so it's not like I spent money on it. And that's what happened to the rest of the dining room set, after all.

Comments

Popular Posts