I had ordered a new spinning wheel before my new old spinning wheel appeared, and guess what I got in the mail today? Yup. My nice FedEx guy (don't get me wrong; I love my UPS guy, but my FedEx guy makes sure my packages are not visible from the end of my driveway and the UPS guy doesn't do that; my FedEx guy will also place packages in plastic bags if it's raining (I called the FedEx main number to compliment him the last time he did that; so nice!) carefully placed my package behind my garbage can so no one could see it. Yay, FedEx guy!

I purchased just about the most reasonably priced new spinning wheel out there--a Fidelis from Heavenly Handspinning. (You'll have to scroll down.)

I admit, I wasn't quite sure if I would like it, just because it's well, rather plain. However, rather plain is a good thing if I'm looking for simplicity, and I'm all for simplicity. And portability. And reasonably priced bobbins (Especially reasonably priced bobbins!!) And I dearly love the bike wheel.

It took me about 30 minutes to figure out what I was doing wrong after about 20 minutes of not doing something right. But I figured it out, again by parking and drafting so I could see what I was doing a bit slower than at speed. And it worked!

There was some white roving included, so I am playing around with that.

I also ordered a kick spindle, because... well, it was a little treat for doing so well on the ebay stuff so far. And I'm really liking that a lot. The only issue I'm having, actually, is that my spinning chair is really too low to use as a spinning chair. I have to sit on a pillow. But it's a low chair anyway, and I knew that, and I did wonder if it was too low. So I will be reworking that a bit. Maybe just an extra cushion would work and I wouldn't have to find another chair to sit in, because that one is comfy. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts