So I purchased a Tibetan Supported Spindle from A Spinner's Lair on etsy, mostly because they are lovely, made from reclaimed wood, don't cost an arm and a leg, and have gotten good reviews. I also bought a reproduction French hand spindle, too, out of cherry. That one actually has a longer learning curve; the Tibetan spindle is easier to use. (Although I did manage to figure it out in about thirty minutes, so not a terrible learning curve. Now, just to practice my long draw, which I have not figured out yet.) No pictures yet, but I do recommend them. The spindles are wonderful, the maker is great, and I'll probably end up buying one of their top-whorl spindles, too, eventually. I'll see if I can post some pictures tonight.

I am still working on the olive green on the new old spinning wheel (who still needs a name) and I'm still trying to figure out the new spinning wheel with varying degrees of success. All beginner's issues, I promise. And I didn't touch it all weekend, which didn't help.

Detour is moving right along. I'm past 3k at the moment.

My asparagus isn't up yet. Any day now. But my daffodils look great, and I'm going to have to mow my grass this weekend. Ugh.

That's about it.

Comments

Popular Posts