Things to do:

--I finished spinning the purple/fuchsia/blue fiber last night, so now I need to spin the periwinkle blue I'm going to ply it with. I would like to do this in daylight, because damn, I am going to go blind trying to spin light blue fiber at night. I have plans for this; after plying, I think I will have enough yarn for a thinner lacy scarf. So that's what I'm going to do with it if it all works out well.

--I have to decide if I want to keep the "Jungle Nights" as a single, or ply it together, or what. The yellow turned out well as a single; it's a little crunchy, but it's such a gorgeous color. I will try to take a picture of the skein sometime today. I may use the yellow as doll hair. It is Alice blonde, if that makes sense. :)

--The auburn fiber I have is terrible to work with. It's very rough and doesn't get any better after washing. I'm not sure if I will be able to use it. I do have more auburn colored fiber, though, and I know that will be better (this fiber was from the odd lot of yarn I bought on ebay, so it's ancient. That shouldn't really matter, but it does.) I may try to spin it a bit differently to see if I can make it work, because I'd hate to waste it.

--I have bread to make, laundry to do, lunches for next week to plan, plants to water, seeds to order, sweet potatoes to start, and all the usual stuff that I do during a weekend. Thankfully, I shouldn't have to leave my house this weekend. Yay!

--Clean! Declutter! This is supposed to be my cleaning weekend. I have stuff to go through, auctions to post (tomorrow), the harp to box up for shipment Monday or Tuesday, crafts to sort through for the craft show on the 13th, etc., etc.

Comments

Popular Posts