Okay, before I go slogging through all the seed catalogs--does anyone have suggestions as to where I could find cotton seed and peanuts to grow? Preferably in the same catalog?

I placed my order from SSE tonight, and boy. Lots of beans and lots of squash--and some corn for grinding into cornmeal!

Here's what I ordered:

Lima Bean, Christmas
Bean, Purple Podded Pole
Bean, KY Wonder
Bean, Speckled Cranberry
Bean, Hidatsa Shield
Bean, Brockton Horticultural
Runner Bean, Scarlet
Beet, Cylindra
Beet, Detroit Dark Red
Beet, Early Blood Turnip
Corn, Oxacam Green Dent
Corn, Mandan Bride
Eggplant, Pingtung Long
Okra, Clemson Spineless
Okra, Hill Country Red
Pea, Dwarf Grey Sugar
Pea, Golden Sweet
Pepper, Alma Paprika
Pepper, Sweet Chocolate
Spinach, Red Malabar
Chard, Five Color Silverbeet
Chard, Rhubarb
Tomato, Red Fig
Radish, Cincinnati Market (how could I not?)
Squash, Cheyenne Bush
Squash, Triamble
Squash, Black Beauty Zucchini
Squash, Fordhook Acorn
Squash, Guatemalan Blue
Squash, Potimarron
Squash, Summer Crookneck
Squash, Thelma Sanders Sweet Potato
Squash, Waltham Butternut


Oh my. Did I really order seven varieties of pole beans?!?!!!

AND I FORGOT THE CUCUMBERS*!!!




*I think I have a mental block/reversion, due to last years glut. But that's fairly simple; I can pick those (and lettuce, and sunflowers, and zinnias) up at the Feed Store. I will also be buying some more asparagus and rhubarb. Why not?

If you are wondering why I only ordered one tomato and two peppers, it's because Mom takes care of those, and I give her squash plants in exchange.

I meant to post auctions tonight, but that's not happening, obviously. Either I will post some tomorrow, or else I will wait and post on Sunday. I think I can afford a week's break.

Comments

Unknown said…
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange. I got cotton from there two years ago and it grew wonderfully.

Popular Posts