Just a little crafting update:

--On the spindles--bright gorgeous turquoise yarn on one of the Macadamia nut spindles. I am spinning this as thread. Seriously. I have two ounces (I can always buy more, but I'd have to buy a pound or another color assortment) and I want it to last. What do I plan to do with it? We'll see. I would love to spin some warp for my tape loom, which might be where most of this ends up.

--On the new old spinning wheel (who needs a name)--still the olive green. I want to get done with two ounces before I fix the slipping axle. I have a pound of this plus two ounces, so I want to finish up the two ounces first. That's about all that will fit on the bobbin.

--On the new spinning wheel (whose name, oddly enough, is Jeremy)--blue/purple/green thick-n-thin lovely bulky yarn, of which I have four ounces and I'm about 1/3 through. It's not all going to fit on a single bobbin, but that's ok. I have more bobbins.

--On the loom--Lisbet--still the yellow dishtowels. I'm just about done with #3. There might be enough warp for four; I think I might have factored wrong, though. I might make #3 a little longer than the other two and just call it a day.

--On the hooks--a lacy neckwarmer or something or other with my blue and purple handspun. I love the pattern, but it's taking its time because the yarn is so fine.

--On the yarn swift--I am working through all the yarn I need to wind into balls. I did a bunch of it yesterday, including some of my handspun. I have four balls of handspun sitting on a shelf beside me right now. They all turned out how I wanted them to, which is nice. I experimented with twisty yarn yesterday; the result was perfect. I am well on my way to doll hair. :)


And that's about it, so far.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
What a lovely, productive time you're having. :)
Jennifer said…
If only it came with a bit of a money cushion... :)

I'll get there!

Popular Posts