Cookies

Now, anyone who reads this knows that I love cookies. And I love making cookies. So when I picked up a magazine last week and idly flipped through it to read the recipes, I came across a recipe that just... really made me mad.

It was for Triple-Chip Cookies. The first instruction was to let a roll of prepared peanut butter cookie dough soften on the countertop for 5-10 minutes. The next instruction was to add flour (and something else) to the cookie dough, and then chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and crushed potato chips.

Now.

In 5-10 minutes, you could easily make the base cookie dough from scratch. Hands-down, it takes less than 10 minutes to measure out ingredients, mix them up, and voila, you have cookie dough that doesn't have any preservatives or other objectionable ingredients. Real cookie dough, truthfully. Not the slice 'n bake stuff.

And, if you made base dry cookie dough mix ahead of time, you could actually just dump it in a bowl, add eggs and wet stuff (depending on the recipe) and go from there. Easy-peasy.

I just can't comprehend someone who would go out and purchase prepared cookie dough to make this recipe. And I really can't comprehend why the recipe was printed like that in the first place.

Ugh!

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I don't understand recipes like that, either.

Popular Posts