I wrote 12 pages last night, after coming home and not even turning on the computer. 12 pages of handwritten words equals about 3,000 words, which is pretty darned good if I do say so myself. That's the most I've written on Scarecrows in one day in a long, long time. (I'm not counting the editing over last week and the weekend.)

I'm obviously a faster typist than writing by hand, but I'm in no rush to finish or get an amazing amount of words per day. All I really want is to finish this story so I can start on the next--and just to let you know how long I've been poking at it, I started this version July 7, 2010.

It's been lovely outside this week so far. I am trying to ignore the fact that I really need to finish mowing the front yard. I'm thinking tomorrow evening I will mow the hill and be done with it for a little while, at least. And the backyard can wait. I need to mulch before I mow the backyard anyway.


And just a PSA, I will be scarce for a little while online. If I owe you an email, I will respond eventually. If you sent me a PM on Ravelry, I will respond eventually. But right now, this book is more important, and since I'm using pen and paper, the computer is not.

I will try to update this blog fairly frequently, however. And obviously more often on the weekends.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
I will be glad to miss you online, for such a cause. :)
Jennifer said…
I will miss you too! But it's working out pretty well so far. :)

Popular Posts