Before I ever got into weaving, or crochet or knitting, or even dollmaking, I made jewelry. I amassed a pretty impressive collection of beading supplies, including, of course, millions of beads of various kinds. I also played a lot with polymer clay back then. And then, for some reason, I decided that making jewelry was getting to be too expensive to support itself (because of my 'pay for itself' hobby rule) and that I should do something else, which led to dollmaking, crochet, weaving, etc.

I dug out my beads a few weeks ago. Mostly to play with macrame again, and I made a couple of necklaces. Yesterday afternoon, while taking refuge from the heat outside, I sat down and made six more, with the seventh almost done. I made a bracelet today.

I don't think I'm done with making jewelry after all.







Comments

Popular Posts