So Sunday at 11:24am, I pulled out my back. That pretty much sums up the rest of the week. I was barely home, and when I was home, I sure didn't want to sit in front of a computer even longer than I had already all day at work.

In fact, it's getting more and more difficult to even bother to turn on the computer after work. I just don't want to sit in front of another screen. I'm in front of two all day at work (I have dual monitors) and I'd rather spend my time away from work not stuck in front of another screen.

That, coupled with the fact that my internet provider is (wrongly, my opinion) upping my internet access price against my wishes, means that I'm going to do something a bit different. An experiment of sorts. I'm going to get rid of my home internet access and my home phone, and up my data plan for my cell phone to include tethering so that I can still use my computer/netbook for the internet. Everything else? Will have to be via my phone, which will be a smartphone.

This will save me close to $40/month, so it's not an insignificant savings. But I may be scarce through the summer, nonetheless.

Comments

Grey Walker said…
Even though I'll miss you, I like this experiment. :)

Can I text you or something?
Jennifer said…
Absolutely! Texting is great. Do you still have my #?

I will just have to watch my usage, because it comes with a limited amount of GB per month. Probably I will be fine, but I'm going to monitor it closely. I have no idea how much bandwidth I actually use (and neither does my current internet provider, according to them.)

Popular Posts