Dream Interpretations



I had a weird dream last night. If anyone wants to attempt an interpretation for me, please do!

A couple of background notes:

I'm almost never myself in my dreams. I was last night, but not the person I am now.
Either I lived in a different place or it was a different world entirely, like Earth; I'm not positive.

The seas were rising. I guess it was some sort of global warming thing, but I don't remember having any warning at all. I remember remembering waking up and finding salt water on the kitchen floor, about an inch of it, and that was the first inclination of any problem that we received.

I was with my sister Jessica, but she looked to be about six or seven. I led her through the house, packing up belongings to take with us, but we left most of everything behind. The only thing I remember taking were these ceramic easter eggs that my sister Emily had made. Some of them looked like those sugar eggs with the scenes inside of them. Others were just decorated ceramic eggs. I took the eggs because "Jessica would want them." I have no idea where Emily was.

And then, we were out on the front porch (It was a frame farmhouse, cream colored siding, two storied) and waiting for my mom and my sister Bekah to arrive in the boats. Jess was going to go with Bekah, and I was supposed to go with mom, but the water was rising fast and Mom was having trouble angling the boat over to where we waited. The water was up to Jessica's knees by the time Bekah arrived, and I realized I might have to swim to Mom's boat.

(Aside: It wasn't normal water; this was really weird. It was almost like looking into a deep lake; brown and murky water with the occasional flash of a fish belly. I even saw a shark swimming far below. I didn't want to swim to Mom because of the shark/s, but I thought I didn't have much of a choice, since she couldn't manage to paddle the boat towards me. I don't remember seeing any paddles, either, btw.)

There were other people in the water, too, by the way, and a bunch of boats, although I didn't know any of the people around me. After I got Jessica situated in Bekah's boat, I basically kicked off from the front porch and swam to Mom's boat. She helped me inside. Someone made a comment about how everyone had lost all of their possessions, and I said something about how I was glad we had insurance, although I instantly realized that having insurance probably wouldn't matter any more. (I kind of got the impression this was a global thing, like Waterworld.) And then I realized that we had not packed any food, clothes, or anything that might help us survive.

I awoke with the thought in my head that apples float, and that there had been a bowl full of apples on the kitchen table. So all we had to do was hang around until they floated out the window.

This dream was weird in the respect that I was myself-but-not-myself-now, that I felt only a passing sense of alarm at the thought of the water and/or the possibility of being attacked by sharks. I didn't seem to be very concerned about losing all my possessions. I had no thought of dying, really, just that I didn't want to bleed to death from a shark bite. :)

So, any interpretations?

Comments

Popular Posts