New Year's Resolutions



(crossposted from Speculations' Rumor Mill and FM Discussion Board Resolutions Thread.)

Okay. I'm going to attempt to challenge myself this year a bit. Hopefully I'll succeed. I honestly don't remember what I wrote for Vision about my resolutions, but I think some of them have changed a bit... oh well. :) I'm going to try to write my resolutions in timeline order, not order of importance. I think.

First, personal goals:



1. Finish Operation Clean Slate by Jan. 26th
So far... so good. This weekend will be pivotal, I think. Although I've already found out that I've accidently sold a couple of books that aren't doubles, at least they're replacable later on.

2. BE A HAPPIER PERSON. Be Nice. Pay More Attention to My Husband.
Do Not take things so personally when they aren't meant that way. Etc. :)

3. Be able to only sell on ebay things or items I make by the end of February. In relation to that, have all bills caught up using Ebay money to catch them up.

4. Pay off all the credit card debt.
This is more of a wish thing, because I'd have to have about an extra salary next year to do it, but... I'm going to put it on here anyway.

5. Buy a Visor. Use it.

Second, Health Goals:



6. Eat Healthier.
Fruit. Veggies. Actually, I do eat well. I just don't exercise enough.

7. Exercise More.
Walking is the exercise of choice, but try to implement something else as well.

8. By the end of 2002, be size 12 again, comfortably.
If I can write seven novels in a year while holding down a full-time job, I can LOSE WEIGHT!! :)

9. Do Not get stressed out about stupid stuff.
Meditate. Relax. Do *something*.

Third, Writing Goals:



10. Write a minimum of 2000 words a day.
I'm upping this, because I easily write 1k on my lunch hour. If I can write 1k at work, then 1k more at home on weekdays should be simple. Also, set up a schedule for writing time, and make sure I only write during that time. Which means no internet. :)

11. Draw up a list of which sequels to write in 2002, and write them.
I could do a sequel every other month and still not be done by the end of the year. And still have original novels to write! Sheesh. Depending on what kind of schedule I draw up, I'm thinking three of The Tenth Ghost sequels and a handful of others. I'm probably going to end up writing ten or eleven novels next year, though. C'est la vie.

12. In relation to #2, revise and/or finish and/or expand all outstanding and unsold novels and submit them to pro markets. This is, basically, TDWDNS, AbNo, Heart's Desire if ROC doesn't want it, ummmm... TDR... Memory if Jintsu doesn't want it... (It's novel length with the other novellas attached.) I think that's it. I'm not positive.

13. In relation to #2 and #3, either A. Sell a book to a pro market or B. Get a legitimate agent by the end of the year.
It would be nice to do both, but I'm not going to be greedy.

14. Write and Submit more poetry.

15. Organize all stories in computer, make backup disks that are kept in an organized place.
This is important!!!!!!!

16. Critique More Often.
This is usually the first thing to drop off my radar screen when things get hectic around the house. Or, I should say, when I get to procrastinating out the wazoo. If I schedule time, I should be able to do it.

Other Goals:



17. Sell at least 150 copies of The Tenth Ghost.
Promotion, promotion, promotion. I have some cool ideas, but until after Operation Clean Slate is over, I'm not going to implement them. And 150 copies sold of an ebook should not be a bad or impossible goal to reach. We will see.

18. Work on promotions stuff for Writers-Exchange.
If I schedule my time properly, I should be able to do something every day.

19. Start Secret Project. Implement Secret Project. Open for Business... oh, how does October sound?
It's a secret project; do you really expect me to tell you what it is? There is only one person here who knows about it, and she's not telling either. :) (This is more of a wishlist thing, btw, but I wanted it to be here so it would be on my radar.)

20. I say it every year, but I'm going to up the stakes this year. I have 20 goals (counting this one) on my list this year. Some of them are very specific. Some are not. Goal #20 is to finish 15 of these goals by the end of the year.

------------------------------------------------------

This list is subject to addition as well as revision. My sister got me a corkboard for Christmas, so this is going to go up on it, and I'm going to pay attention to it all year long.

I wish us all luck. :)

Jen

Comments

Popular Posts