Every once in a while, I read something that makes me sit back and think. First, it was Modest Needs, an idea I wholly agree with, having been far too close to the edge of disaster too many times. Check it out if you never have, and give if you can.

And then, it was Sarah's friend Jenny. I've been reading Jen's blog for a while now, and while I don't know her in person (heck, I don't know half my friends in "real" life), I will throw in my support. (Us Jennifers have to stick together you know.)

It takes a lot to ask for money from complete strangers. I've thought about doing it, but honestly, my credit card debts are not exactly life-threatening. And they never will be. I'll get them paid off, and I'll pay for my truck. I have the resources (and the stuff to sell) to be able to do that, and I'm very grateful for that. But I think if we all helped each other out, our lives would be richer, for one, and we wouldn't lose that sense of family that seems to be missing from modern day life.

Comments

Popular Posts