Got another reply from one of the eight queries; a decline, and a very loooong email about epublishing and how it's not considered to be legitimate by many agents and publishers. Duh.

I'm still debating whether or not to reply. It wasn't wholly negative, but she did put some thought into it.

I think my reply will run something like this:

"Name any traditional publisher that will publish seven books in one year by the same author, gives 40% royalties, and allows you to design your own book covers."

Because that's the reason, right there.

(Note: I didn't publish seven books last year, but I wrote seven books last year. But anyway...)

*sigh*

See, what else can I do? If I don't mention the books I currently have published and/or accepted, I'm lying to myself. They aren't embarrassments to be walled away in a tower somewhere, never to be mentioned again. I'm proud of my books. I learned a lot by doing it this way, and honestly, I wouldn't change a thing (except for maybe not sending TTG to Bookmice to begin with.) I've made a little money. If I concentrated on promotion, I'd probably make a lot more.

I'm going to think on it a bit, and then decide how to reply. At least she wasn't nasty about it. :)

Comments

Popular Posts