Well, that was interesting.

We have lots of neighbors, of course, but we're not really friendly with any of them. There's an older couple who live diagonal to us, whom we say hello to and have spoken to semi-frequently.

Today, when I got home from work, I found a bag full of peaches on the front step. Inside was a nice note from the neighbors (and with their names; I'd forgotten their names, of course!) So after I got the mail tonight, I stopped by to thank them, and just got back.

They've been here 19 years. The lady next door to them has been here for 45 years! And there's a lady across the street who has been here 40 years. Geez!

So we talked quite a bit, and they're nice people. They have a townhouse like ours, they go to the Nazarene church, and they were very nice to talk to.

See, this place isn't like your "normal" apartment complexes. They're nice, the rent is relatively low, and short of that one break-in, we've had very little problems. I'd live here by myself if I could. I really would. (Actually, I could afford the rent by myself. But that's another story...)

Anyway, so it was nice to talk to the neighbors. They're an older couple, and I thought it was really nice of them to offer us peaches. :)

Comments

Popular Posts