It's December. 2004 is almost over. Why am I having such a hard time with this?

I think part of the reason is because 2004 flew by. Or, at least, at this late date it feels like it flew by. Heck, it was flying past by back in April.

Is it true that things fall into place when you're on the right track? It sure seems that way to me.

So.I really need to rework my goals to reflect the fact that I've knocked a big tangible goal off my list. I will have to replace the 'getting a house' goal with something else. But what? Yet another thing I'm having a hard time figuring out.

I am a past/present-thinking person. I don't like to obsess about the future (because if I let myself, I will obsess about the future.) I plan for it, but don't plan too far ahead, because everyone knows you can't do that. Goals will change. Some won't be applicable once you get to that particular point in your life. Others will morph into something totally different.

So I tend to stay in the present and remember the past. I can't even think forward to next week, other than very intangible things or definite dates (Pooh is getting neutered on Tuesday Dec. 7, provided I can find him between 7:30-9:30am, for example. I might or might not actually be in my house by then, for another example.) I write myself lists of things I want to get done weekly, monthly, etc., and sometimes I get those things done on time.

I have a hard time getting motivated to do things I've already done over and over again, like NaNoWriMo or the 3-day novel contest. If I've done it once, what do I have left to prove?

(This post really doesn't have a point. Just a bunch of thoughts all mishmashed together. It's probably because I'm bored, and I hate to be bored.)

Oh, and my fingernails still aren't clean.

Comments

Popular Posts