Pardon the size of the pictures. I don't have photoshop on this computer, and I'm too tired to mess with transferring files between computers.

We stopped by the house last night to pick up the key and explore a bit. The closets are even nicer than I remember, with all the closet hardware intact. The lights aren't as bad as I remembered, but I'm still moving some around.

Here are three pics:



My house's crowning glory



Ethan's playroom, before we decided to see what was under the ancient dryrotted carpet.



Oak floors! We thought they were maple, but they are oak! This is cool.

The floors under the carpet are in remarkably good condition. There's one bad spot where a long-ago leak cemented the carpet padding to the floor, but it's a small spot and we might still get it clean.

Oh, and carpet tacks SUCK. Whoever came up with that wonderful idea should be shot, drawn, and quartered.

I haven't done a thing in my room, other than open my gigantic built-in wardrobe and grin with glee.

The stairs are pine, oak, and cherry. The majority of the woodwork is pine.

My upper arms ache from tearing up carpet, but I'm surprisingly not in as bad of shape as I expected for Day #1.

Comments

Popular Posts