This morning:

Woke up tired. Stumbled downstairs with Chloe doing her best to trip me. Fed her. Got a few moments of peace, so I ate breakfast. Checked on Pooh. No poo. No pee. Cat has an iron bladder or something. Fed him. Washed my hair, got dressed, checked on Pooh again. He had peed on the blanket I left him to sleep on.

Grrrrr.

Moved the blanket. Told him again that if he goes to the bathroom in the litterbox, he can sleep with me again at night. Said that he'd have to go back to Bethel to be an outdoor cat if he can't go to the bathroom in the litterbox. Stomped downstairs to get the Lysol to spray on the mess.

Wiped up the mess. Chloe's howling outside the door, because dammit, if there's a closed door in the house, she wants inside! NOW!

Pooh walks over to the litterbox. Poops in it. I lavish him with praise and give him treats.

Well, we're half way.

I guess because there was no pee in the litterbox he didn't connect that he should pee there too? *sigh*

At least we're halfway.

**********
Seen on a church bulletin board this morning:
Give thanks unto God for his unspeakable gift
Isn't unspeakable usually used in reference to bad things?
************
Last night, Dad met me at Storage, where we proceeded to fill (but not totally) Mom's minivan and my car with boxes. Most of the boxes contained items to go into my office/studio, including a goodly portion of my fabric stash. (10 out of 12 boxes, actually.) I still haven't quite decided how I want everything to be placed in that room, because in truth, I want to see how much stuff I actually have before I start trying to put much of it away. (I have put a little bit in the closet already, but not all that much.)
I haven't even uncovered all the Story Stuff yet, and the room's getting pretty full. Of course quite a bit of that is yarn, and once I have a bookcase or something up there, I'll be able to put that away.
Anyone have suggestions for storing fabric? I really want to get rid of the plastic containers. At the moment, they are mostly sorted by type of fabric and prints/non-prints, but it's not a good system for finding what I want. Since I'm more of a visual person, I'd like to have the fabric relatively visible, but I'm not sure how feasible that will be.
There are a couple of things I'm actively looking to uncover in Storage. One is my leather hat (it's my Indiana Jones hat, but not really.) One is my favorite tin whistle that got stuck in a box instead of back in my purse, and one is my dragon plate, which is a very old handpainted plate that hangs on the wall that I've had for too many years to count. I am hoping these things will be recovered safely and soon. (I thought I had the box with the dragon plate in it earlier this week, but alas, I was wrong. And I have no earthly idea which box my tin whistle is in, ditto on the hat.
I doubt I will post much this weekend, because I'm going to be at the house most of the time and I haven't gotten around to hooking up a phone line yet. (I don't have any time to get on the internet at home anyway at the moment; I'm still cleaning.)
But here's my list for the weekend (which will be four days!):
1. Find something to put Hildy's cage on, and bring Hildy.
2. GET ALL GARBAGE OUT OF THE HOUSE
3. Cut up unusable boxes
4. Finish painting utility room if it's warm enough
5. Clean living room floor, windows, and walls
6. Finish cleaning kitchen. (Floor, walls, windows, door, cabinets, countertops)
7. Bring kitchen table and chairs
8. Start cleaning in dining room (Floor, windows, walls)
9. Prepare china cabinet for painting
10. Get rid of dead bird in fireplace
11. Wash down sticky racks and put them back into place.
12. Finish cleaning bathroom
If there's time or alternates:
13. Clean upstairs bathroom
14. Paint china cabinet
15. Start sorting stuff in Office/Studio
16. Put away clothes
17. Do laundry
18. Bring rest of hang up clothes
19. Make 3 trips to Storage (weather permitting)
20. Finish cleaning dining room
21. Bring dining room table and chairs?
22. Start cleaning entry room
Yes, my to-do list is a mile long.

Comments

Popular Posts