I have located a box of Papas Dark Chocolate Covered Opera Creme Easter Eggs. I am a happy woman, oh yes.

For those of you (most of you) who have never experienced eating an opera creme, they are one of the reasons why I will never move out of the Ohio Valley again. (They aren't even available in Columbus.) They are made by the Chris A. Papas and Son Company in Covington, KY, and they are the BEST opera cremes on the planet.

Opera cremes are also a Cincininati-area phenomenon, I gather. You poor, poor people who have never eaten one.

I was a bit worried this year when everyone else's Easter candy started to show up on the store shelves early, and there were no Papas eggs. But today when I went to Kroger for lunch stuff ($40 worth, grrr, but still, I won't have to buy lunches for a long while) I saw them and had to buy my yearly box. (I will note that there was only one full box of Dark Chocolate Opera Cremes left and I bought it! Hahahaha!!)

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It's definitely almost spring. :)

Comments

Popular Posts