Quick update before I get ready to leave for the conference (my list is still half full so I got up early so I wouldn't be rushing around):

If anyone was wondering, Mischa pooped, so I didn't end up giving him pumpkin after all. This is good. So no worries about him at the moment. He's hitting the litterbox every time.

Mabel is silly, but you already knew that. And Chloe is a brat.

And I like writing in Kyren's POV. In fact, I kind of like Kyren as a character now; he's trying his best to do the right thing, but after a couple of lifetimes not doing the right thing, sometimes he isn't sure if what he is doing is the right thing or not. If that makes sense.

Here was yesterday's post, which never got posted:

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

It’s almost spring. The dawn chorus was out with a vengeance this morning, and Mabel and I paused for a bit to listen while we were out at dawn. I like the fact that I still have a dawn chorus in my backyard even though I technically live in the middle of town.

Eventually, of course, I will have that cabin (or stone cottage) in the woods. And perhaps we will be visited by other dawn choristers.

I even heard frogs two nights ago. Spring peepers! Already! Ah, nature. And I have three colors of crocuses blooming—yellow, dark purple, and purple/white. There are more, still without blooms. Obviously the PO liked spring flowers, as do I.

I poked around this morning and didn’t rush. Fed the cats and Mabel, petted everyone, and decided to take that hour in the morning and the 15 minutes in the afternoon. Had a nice unhurried drive to work. And now I’m sitting here getting stuff done so I can take the next four days off. Bliss.

Well, bliss would be a week off, but that’s coming. Not this summer, I think, because I have to build up my vacation time, but definitely by fall. Probably the week of my birthday, I’m thinking. A whole week to myself. Perhaps Mabel and I will go somewhere. Hmm. (I’d take one of the cats, probably Chloe, but I don’t know how she would travel.)

Tomorrow I don’t have much planned except for watering my plants. Dad and I are supposed to be leaving around noon to drive to Sylvania. And then the conference, which I’m actually looking forward to without any stage fright at all (so far, and that’s a good thing.) My only goal is to make the participants feel like they get their money’s worth out of my topics, and that the people running the conference feel like they get their money’s worth out of me. Oh, and to have fun. That’s an important goal.

I almost feel guilty about getting paid for this. I mean, I’m getting lodging and everything! Scary.

I will be working on my monthly list on Sunday and Monday, I think. Hopefully I will be able to get something crossed off, since nothing has been crossed off yet and April 11 is not all that far away. Whee!

We’re going to have to start thinking about painting soon. Inside, of course. I’m aiming to have the kitchen and the two front bedrooms (Bekah’s and Ethan’s) done this year. Also on my list is a fence and re-graveling the driveway (and expanding it a bit.)

I am going to have a blue kitchen. Bekah and Ethan can paint their rooms however they wish. We might end up getting the living room painted as well, but we’ll see.

There’s going to have to be some demolition sometime in the future, since I want to remove the dropped ceilings and see what’s underneath. I have some plaster repair work to do as well, which I can do myself, I think, and then we have to work on the outside too. So I’ll keep myself busy without a doubt.

Comments

Popular Posts