Mischa is now in isolation for two weeks. Hopefully, he will cooperate and use the litterbox so I can let him out of my room at the end of the isolation period.

I took him to the vet on Friday evening in the hope that he had a urinary tract infection, but his urine came back clean. The vet suggested I isolate him or give him Valium. I'm opting to isolate him first. Not sure I want to give him drugs just yet.

He is anxious. He even has anxiety going poop in the litterbox, and now he has diarreah (or however you spell that) which I believe is a direct result of his anxiety.

It took me a bit of work to arrive at my room as the isolation room. I had intended on putting him in the dining room, but then I realized that he could still hear Mabel outside the dining room door, and that I wasn't finished with the dining room yet and probably wouldn't be for a while. My bedroom is in the back of the house, I don't go into it most of the day unless I need something, and it's clean. The rugs on the floor are washable in case of accidents, and so are my blankets and quilts.

And he has never peed in my room before. I just didn't think he'd get the idea not to pee in the dining room, since that's one of his spots.

Hopefully this will work. I really feel sorry for him, poor guy. And it just backs up my thought that he has Siamese in his background, because he's just a bit neurotic.

This means, of course, that I will not be sleeping with Chloe and Pooh for two weeks. Which sucks, in truth, but they'll live. They're well-rounded kitties, after all.

Cross your fingers. I'll post updates as time progresses.

Comments

Popular Posts